All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Room Scum Day 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

You wake, most of you.

That was... jingoistic

The monitor shows another room.
Shown is KovacsC, he is standing in a room with 16 buttons on one wall and 1 button labelled "intercom" on another wall.
He looks up, you see a gas entering the room. He collapses.
The screen goes black, followed by three messages.

Code:
Player 12
Town
Purple

Continue.

Let's hope I don't forget to open anyone's air vent in future...

[playerlist]
Slightly Green
sdg
Mr Russell
Saturnalian
nickachu
Mr Dave
[/playerlist]

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 6 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch

Day 8 ends Friday at 2pm, or sooner if there is a majority vote.

Can a mod do the dead thread access please.

Post subject: Re: Room Scum Day 8
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 
Paws for thought

You may wish to make Malc dead...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:09 
Bad Girl

Wow.

I'd say Slightly Green and/or Mr Russ seem suspect now. I do wonder if SG is still checking in so I'd say that a vote for Russ today would be a choice move.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Dave wrote:
You may wish to make Malc dead...

Done, ta. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:26 
Paws for thought

Kovacs was next on my suspect list. And again, a quite unusual choice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:44 
Paws for thought

Going by what Mr Craster said (again, taking with pinch of salt given he said Mr paz only had one button when he had one button extra, and it not being entirely confirmed he was something of a lone wolf) it'd reduce likely subjects to Saturn guy and sdg.

And I don't really want to suspect our sdg :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 13:56 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Going by what Mr Craster said (again, taking with pinch of salt given he said Mr paz only had one button when he had one button extra, and it not being entirely confirmed he was something of a lone wolf) it'd reduce likely subjects to Saturn guy and sdg.

Erm, how does that reduce the suspects to me and sdg?

Y'know what I think, I think you don't know what you are. I think you thought that you were part of a cult until Bobby died. Bobby had sent you a tweet 'pretend converting you' like he had me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 14:12 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Hey all, sorry for missing last day and a bit, life went mental, back now. I didn't do a night action for the 2 night experiment which failed badly.

Last night I pressed button 2, The person in room 2 is the MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER. Now I have no idea who is in room 2 but thought I would share.

As too who is good and who is bad, I feel lost in this game, all seems too vague. Will have a read back over last few days and see if anything jumps out

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 14:55 
Awesome
Yes

Slightly Green wrote:
Hey all, sorry for missing last day and a bit, life went mental, back now. I didn't do a night action for the 2 night experiment which failed badly.

Last night I pressed button 2, The person in room 2 is the MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER. Now I have no idea who is in room 2 but thought I would share.

As too who is good and who is bad, I feel lost in this game, all seems too vague. Will have a read back over last few days and see if anything jumps out

That was Malc then, as we lynched him yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:02 
Bad Girl

This is what I got when I pressed 2.

Saturalian yesterday wrote:
... as I said before, a little later I pressed number 2. The button wouldn't go all the way in. And that's all the button pressing I've done.

Also, Malc was in 5!?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:08 
[vote:Mr Russell] again as I still think he's a bad-un

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:15 
Bad Girl

I agree with Nic.

[vote:Mr Russell]

Anyone left in a purple room or has the "(un)labelled" typo in their role will know that I'm legit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:19 
Bad Girl

Also, look at this from yesterday, between Russ and Malc.

Malc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote: wrote:
Was that a bandwagon?

yes, we might well have lost the game now

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:28 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Erm, how does that reduce the suspects to me and sdg?

Y'know what I think, I think you don't know what you are. I think you thought that you were part of a cult until Bobby died. Bobby had sent you a tweet 'pretend converting you' like he had me.

I received no such tweet.

The only thing I have received is an administrative cock up from Trooper.

What I'm referring to is before Craster died, he said that there were enough mafia left not voting for him to lynch him. Which means at least 2 of the people not voting for him at that time. Which included you, Malc, sdg and Kovacs. I can't remember if that also included Russ or nick, but other circumstances lead me to have them lower on my list.

Malc was, Kovacs wasn't. I don't want to suspect sdg, but I kind of have to now.

There's a lot of conflicting information, and knowing which to rely on most depends entirely on how team like the mafia actually are. Again, needs some thought and investigation of days past.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:29 
Paws for thought

Slightly Green wrote:

Did you ever press button 5?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:42 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

Well, let's recap from Day 5 when it is revealed that Bobby has died. The first comment you made were:

[quote="Mr Dave"]Sigh, Bobby was the most townly of us all.

On the positive side, I've apparently always felt fine, and would be willing to vote Kovacs. But later.[quote="Mr Dave"]

You'd apparently always felt "fine" because Bobby had convinced you that you'd be converted with his tweet. His death revealed that, in fact, he was a townie. Unfortunately for Bobby, the fake message I received was on the very same night that he'd been bumped off!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:43 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

Well, let's recap from Day 5 when it is revealed that Bobby has died. The first comment you made were:

Mr Dave wrote:
Sigh, Bobby was the most townly of us all.

On the positive side, I've apparently always felt fine, and would be willing to vote Kovacs. But later.

You'd apparently always felt "fine" because Bobby had convinced you that you'd be converted with his tweet. His death revealed that, in fact, he was a townie. Unfortunately for Bobby, the fake message I received was on the very same night that he'd been bumped off!

T : Fixed quotes :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 15:44 
Bad Girl

Oh, for the love of god, can a Mod sort out my quotes and stuff or delete them or something please, because i'm a doofus who can't work the quote system, nor can I edit my own posts in this part of the forum so I can't do anything about this.

p.s. Trooper is awesome in every possible way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:17 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

Mr Dave wrote:
Sigh, Bobby was the most townly of us all.

On the positive side, I've apparently always felt fine, and would be willing to vote Kovacs. But later.

T : Fixed quotes :D

If you look at the previous day, I'd made quite a couple of references to headaches, and done a little bit of probing from grim... About toleblocking because the previous night Trooper told me I kept pressing the button and repeating the same time over and over until it gave me a headache.
The next night when I pressed the same button, he told me he'd made a mistake and I shouldn't have received that message, hence me saying I'd never had said headache.

The bobby comment was because I had come to the conclusion bobby certainly had started as town due to him being the first to give specifics about his room - not something you would do If you were somehow unsure of if your room was dodgy. (that is, if you were mafia)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:19 
Ready for action

That's a bit dodgy of SG to say he has discovered a mafia roleblocker in room 2 when yesterday we found out the mafia roleblocker was room five. There's no way there's going to to be two mafia roleblockers so why say that?
Also, I'm not a baddy. I can only assume craster was attempting to cast everyone's gaze somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:21 
Ready for action

If anyone has a block or investigate role it would be worthwhile revealing what youve done so far, then at least you should be able to reduce the list of targets to try and find the killer for blocking night actions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:43 
Paws for thought

sdg wrote:
If anyone has a block or investigate role it would be worthwhile revealing what youve done so far, then at least you should be able to reduce the list of targets to try and find the killer for blocking night actions.

I'd only do so if you have actual useful information - the roleblockers may well be the only thing we have to stop overnight kills, so no sense in outing them (also goes for people who may have investigated roleblockers, we can't use that information, someone else can. Which is why I asked specially about a known button)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:48 
Ready for action

I don't have useful information, the reason I suggest it is because currently we have *some* people carrying out night actions like investigate and roleblock at random. We have so few people left now that you would expect it should be getting easier to find the killer to prevent them carrying out their night action, but if the people with night actions pooled their information then that would decrease their targets even further, meaning it would be far more likely they could neuter the kill role.
I'm not sure that it would have any negatives, who else would really benefit from knowing that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 16:55 
Paws for thought

sdg wrote:
I don't have useful information, the reason I suggest it is because currently we have *some* people carrying out night actions like investigate and roleblock at random. We have so few people left now that you would expect it should be getting easier to find the killer to prevent them carrying out their night action, but if the people with night actions pooled their information then that would decrease their targets even further, meaning it would be far more likely they could neuter the kill role.
I'm not sure that it would have any negatives, who else would really benefit from knowing that?

Mmm, certainly outing the roleblockers is a no. The killer can simply kill them unless blocked that night

The main problem we have is whatever information given may well be of considerably more use to someone with a list rather than a disparate group who lack it.

Although I suppose I don't mind overly much as it's another night I'd be safe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 17:02 
Ready for action

Mr Dave wrote:
sdg wrote:

Mmm, certainly outing the roleblockers is a no. The killer can simply kill them unless blocked that night

The main problem we have is whatever information given may well be of considerably more use to someone with a list rather than a disparate group who lack it.

Ah right, I hadn't thought of that. My logic was that they must have surely targetted enough people now to either know who is doing the killing
(it looks likely the killer was blocked the other night for example, considering they killed the next night) or have a very small list of numbers left for who the killer is. So sharing info would mean they would have a brilliant chance of getting them. But i wasn't thinking of the killer maybe getting another shot tonight and getting the roleblocker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 17:07 
Ready for action

Right I'm suspicious of SG for giving blatantly wrong information earlier on today, and looking back at yesterday Kov seemed to be really trying to start a vote for Nick but also asked where SG had got to so based on that I would vote for either Nick or SG. Maybe Nick killed him last night to stop him pushing for a vote on him, or maybe SG killed him last night for drawing attention to the fact that SG wasn't taking part.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 17:58 
Paws for thought

sdg wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
sdg wrote:

Ah right, I hadn't thought of that. My logic was that they must have surely targetted enough people now to either know who is doing the killing
(it looks likely the killer was blocked the other night for example, considering they killed the next night) or have a very small list of numbers left for who the killer is. So sharing info would mean they would have a brilliant chance of getting them. But i wasn't thinking of the killer maybe getting another shot tonight and getting the roleblocker.

All I know for sure is that I'm not a roleblocker, given that on the nights people didn't die, I pressed Bobbys button and no button.
Well, either that or the lack of deaths wasn't due to roleblocking...
Whether my button pushing has had any effect, I don't know.

SG seems to be very apt at finding roleblockers, that's 3 so far, presumably from different buttons.. I suspect there may be some mischief, but I'm not overly convinced it's coming from SG. Again, as I said yesterday, there's something playing on my mind there, but I just can't quite place what it is.

Mmm...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 19:04 
Ready for action

Mr Dave wrote:
SG seems to be very apt at finding roleblockers, that's 3 so far, presumably from different buttons.. I suspect there may be some mischief, but I'm not overly convinced it's coming from SG. Again, as I said yesterday, there's something playing on my mind there, but I just can't quite place what it is.

I hadn't noticed he'd said he'd found three, mainly because without being able to associate these sorts of claims to different people it just becomes too confusing to bother try and track them. If he has claimed to have found three though, then surely he must be dodgy? If I was working under the assumption I was an investigator but I found three different role blockers, I don't think I'd be stating with such confidence each time that I'd found something out. I'd be saying my results but questioning the likeliness of them.
Slightly Green wrote:

He also said he was going to read back and post more
Slightly Green wrote:

yet that clearly hasn't happened. I think he's saying enough to stay alive but he's trying to lay too low. I'd be interested in other people's thoughts though, I know there isn't many of us but it would be good to get some discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 19:08 
Bad Girl

Laying low could also be levelled at Russ who's said very little. All you need is one more vote on him then he should tell all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 19:12 
Ready for action

He's only got two votes right now according to the counter? I will vote for him if we're getting to the end of the day with no action, but I can't help but think Nick might be the better target of Russ v Nick, simply because that was Kovacs' stance yesterday which he wasn't shy in mentioning and then he got bumped off overnight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 19:25 
Awesome
Yes

I have said all along that the only reason I voted for nick was because he seemed to have the same role as me.

Now, if you take into account that there are likely to be two factions then it would make sense that we are on opposite sides. However, neither of us (on the surface) knows what that side is.

Based on the fact that I don't have any knowledge of teammates, it stands to reason that nickachu MIGHT be on the mafia side.

Or we both have a dick role of not being able to do anything.

Or I'm a mafia who doesn't know it and can't communicate with anyone else in the mafia.

I would like to hear from Mr Dave as he seemed to pick Malc out very well yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 19:50 
Bad Girl

sdg wrote:
He's only got two votes right now according to the counter? I will vote for him if we're getting to the end of the day with no action, but I can't help but think Nick might be the better target of Russ v Nick, simply because that was Kovacs' stance yesterday which he wasn't shy in mentioning and then he got bumped off overnight.

You only need four for a lynch so 3 votes will put pressure on the person to fess up.

I'm not sure whoever is doing the killing knows who is in each room. Mafia had two kill roles, right? I doubt they had another kill role even if they have one of them is knocking about. Their list carrier is dead. Maybe they're nurtured.

Cult has a kill role. Would they get more than 1 and a turn into cult role? Did they have a list? That'd make 3 lists in play. Sounds unlikely. Sounds like they're nurtured too.

I just wonder if the killer is a lone gun without access to a list.

Actually, if Russ and Nic are on opposing sides (mafia and cult) and can't do nowt, they're probably not worth voting for as they can't be doing the killing.

[vote: unvote] for now.

Erm, so SDG, who are you again?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:02 
Paws for thought

Mr Russell wrote:
I have said all along that the only reason I voted for nick was because he seemed to have the same role as me.

Now, if you take into account that there are likely to be two factions then it would make sense that we are on opposite sides. However, neither of us (on the surface) knows what that side is.

Based on the fact that I don't have any knowledge of teammates, it stands to reason that nickachu MIGHT be on the mafia side.

Or we both have a dick role of not being able to do anything.

Or I'm a mafia who doesn't know it and can't communicate with anyone else in the mafia.

I would like to hear from Mr Dave as he seemed to pick Malc out very well yesterday.

Certainly of the two of you, I 'd trust Nickachu less, and wouldn't join a vote for you based on anything I've seen. But the fact that you're 'on different sides' could just be two townies getting confused because, well, it's a quite confusing game.

Sadly, although I had about 5 good reasons to tag Malc yesterday, Any other suspicion is a little more hazy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:11 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
sdg wrote:

You only need four for a lynch so 3 votes will put pressure on the person to fess up.

I'm not sure whoever is doing the killing knows who is in each room. Mafia had two kill roles, right? I doubt they had another kill role even if they have one of them is knocking about. Their list carrier is dead. Maybe they're nurtured.

Cult has a kill role. Would they get more than 1 and a turn into cult role? Did they have a list? That'd make 3 lists in play. Sounds unlikely. Sounds like they're nurtured too.

I just wonder if the killer is a lone gun without access to a list.

Actually, if Russ and Nic are on opposing sides (mafia and cult) and can't do nowt, they're probably not worth voting for as they can't be doing the killing.

[vote: unvote] for now.

Erm, so SDG, who are you again?

Sorry, but a lot of this is just wrong.

We haven't killed anyone on the mafia who had a list. Craster didn't. Davpaz didn't (He had a button that did nothing). Malc didn't. There may well be the last one, who can kill and started with a list. There may be two, one of which may or may not be able to kill, but there is still at least one killing mafia around. The 2nd night kill disappeared when the cult killer disappeared. Therefore the current killer is mafia.
The Cult is dead. There can be pretty much no doubt of that now. Day 8 with 6 players remaining... Maybe 1 if Malc was lying about blocking their recruiter, but 1 cultist does not a cult victory make. Unless, of course, all they have to do is survive like the town do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:19 
Paws for thought

Man, if this was a typical game where winning didn't require surviving, I could suggest a rather useful tactic right now.
As it is, I can't. Damn you, Trooper.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:27 
Paws for thought

Will post thoughts in a while. Don't hold your breaths. (Although I think I have another person I'm thinking is safe)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:33 
Paws for thought

Ok. Here's my thought for the day:

BOLLOCKS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:37 
Paws for thought

Yes, I appear to be the roleblocker, or just incredibly unlucky and chose people who got blocked on the first two nights, and I've given myself away as such because I didn't pick up on the fact that Bobby was blocked on the first night.

So yeah, it would appear that I blocked bobby, Then I blocked Grim, Then I blocked whoever is in 15 on the third night, who I have a sneaking suspicion might be me. And the same again the next night

Curiously, I didn't block anyone on the two nights we I said I wouldn't. And the first no one died... Despite no blocking from me.

Last night I went for #2.

So I'd really be rather happy to know what numbers SG has gone for right now...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:40 
Paws for thought

Rest of my thoughts will go up shortly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:51 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:

Sorry, but a lot of this is just wrong.

Not least cause I kept writing nurtured.

Ok, so if its mafia, then Russ/Nic are still suspects?

I was thinking SDG or SG. If you pot one today and its the wrong one you'd definately get the killer the day after.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 20:57 
Paws for thought

Today may be our last chance if there's two remaining.

If we kill tonight, 4vs2 -> 2vs2 = no lynch possible
If we don't 4vs2 -> 3vs2 = another day

Of course, if there's only one remaining, you have a bit more of a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:00 
Paws for thought

Mmm. ok. For what it's worth, Mr Ians interactions with the other mafia are making me lean quite against the idea of him being guilty.

Oddity: Night 2 SG says that button 5 will be pressed. Which is Malc. Answer comes back as roleblocker.
SG last night gets "Mafia roleblocker."

I would very, very much like to hear what SG has to say in terms of presses and answers before any voting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:02 
Bad Girl

Tell us who and lets win this shit then. It's SDG init?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:08 
Paws for thought

Things still don't add up.

If I blocked Bobby on night 1 (or someone else did, in the event I'm just unlucky). Who blocked the Mafia kill? Presumably they got lucky with Malcs block. Which would explain the speed at which the other killer died once they were confirmed to exist.

Umu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:17 
Bad Girl

Tell you what, I'll vote [vote: sdg] so I can't be accused of bandwagoning later on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:21 
Ready for action

It's not me and I'm a bit puzzled about what's just happened to make you think it's me, or why it can't be Nick or Mr Russell or indeed you or Dave Saturnalian? If this is all coming from what craster said then he's probably going to have won it for his team by making sure he''d kept one of them secret.
Also, I don't know what I am, but I stopped pressing buttons after the second or third night because I felt daft and I wasn't getting any information back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:24 
Paws for thought

I am being rapidly drawn to the conclusion that noone really knows anything. The cult didn't know they were cult (See: Zaphods behaviour. If he knew he was cult, he wouldn't have done that, he really wouldn't, he's not _that_ stupid. If Riles had known he was a cult recruiter, he would've let Zaphod know. Neither of them knew)

The mafia seemingly didn't know they were mafia until Craster died, there is absolutely nothing in what Craster has said to make me doubt this, and quite a lot to make me believe him.

There was no kill on a night when I didn't block and we first suggested the no buttons option. Again, see above about night 1, which slightly mitigates, but it was only after that didn't work that Malc went into something of a Dave killing frenzy suspecting that I was up to no good for suggesting it and it playing to a different win condition.

I'm still drawn to the idea that survivals all we need to do. Noones death has ever mentioned it, but it's something of a concensus that that is the majority condition.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm willing to bet my life on it right now though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:34 
Ready for action

Well I have no idea what to do. I've said already I'll vote for anyone if necessary since I don't really know what's going on. Did anyone here not press a button on the first night of the experiment but then press one the next night, not really believing they were doing anything?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:37 
Ready for action

In the meantime, the day ends tomorrow at 2pm. I will probably get on before then tomorrow but if not [vote:Nickachu]
I'll unvote if the majority wants to not vote but I feel like there are a few of us doing all the talking and it makes sense that if there is an actual bad baddy as opposed to a clueless baddy, laying low would be a good tactic in this situation since so few majority votes have been reached.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 22:06 
Paws for thought

Oh, that's genius.

I've just realised zaphod killed his cult leader.

Time to rethink a few things.

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next