Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Beex Noire : Day 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

Another day, another murder, just what exactly was going on in this town? It was time for answers, it was time for people to speak up, it was time for a drink...

Alarm had been found, deader than my heart after junior prom.

Alarm was found nude, her body draped across the edge of her bathtub, with pajamas wrapped around her head. She had been shot once in the head and a butcher's knife had been driven through her neck, entering from one side and protruding from the other. Her body had been washed, and her wounds covered with adhesive tape.

Alarm was a Townie she was a Waitress.

Club Waitress wrote:

Bitter, middle aged and full of hate. Surrounded by young pretty things who always do better in tips than you, life is not what you want it to be. Your only doing this for the sake of your kids, if your husband hadn't run off with that floozy you would still be at home, cleaning house and baking cakes. You miss that life.

[playerlist]
Squirt
Craster
Goddess Jasmine
DavPaz
Mr Russell
Gilly
Curiosity
TheVision
Mimi
kalmar
KovacsC
LaceSensor
Craig
Slightly Green
Gazchap
Joans
flis
MaliA
[/playerlist]

Prizes for being in character, sticking to the theme and keeping the story going.

You will be voting to hand someone over to the cops.

Voting rules are as follows:
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

If a majority is not reached, at the end of the "day" the person with the most votes will be handed over to the cops, regardless of whether it is an overall majority or not. if there is a draw, then the day will be extended for a length of time that i decide, where as soon as someone takes the lead, they will be voted out.
If it is still a draw after the "golden vote" period, then all players who have the highest number of votes will be taken away to the big house.

Day 3 ends Monday at 2pm

Can a mod do the dead thread thing please for Alarm and Bobbyaro please

Post subject: Re: Beex Noire : Day 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:33 
Unpossible!

#This situation was getting very sinister. Another broad dead? Same MO as before... how long until all of us normals are gone? Still... a glimmer of hope, like flash of stocking on a pretty girl, no mafia kill. Could they be biding their time?#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:35 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

So we had two people up for a vote yesterday, and both were townies. Oh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Another night where it appears we have someone dead at the hands of a crazed whacko, too. Could this be a pattern?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 
Unpossible!

#As people began to file in, I scanned the faces. Perhaps I could recognise the professional that was sent to my apartment to 'keep me company'. No such luck, my memory is a dark as my bedroom#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 
Master of dodgy spelling....

*skiffle skiffle*

This is not good....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Two nights where the mafia have clearly been busy elsewhere, two nights where the unstoppable Sally has been on the prowl. Hmm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:45 
Ready for action

I wanted to say something, but I was worried. These people were bloodthirstier than leeches but I decided to bite the bullet. I didn't get where I was today by playing it safe.
"I'm intrigued by the kill on alarm. It seems to me the only reason someone might want to kill alarm is if they voted for bobby, and so wanted to take the heat off of that bad result either by proving that the people suggesting alarm were also wrong (removing the right of them to accuse all the bobby voters) or to hit a bad guy making the normal folks here feel relief and perhaps be less targetted as a result.
Im aware that I'm included in the group that voted for bobby but I don't think that's abgood enough reason for keeping that hunch to myself.
I'm also very against non voters. They are effectively not revealing any info about themself at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 
Sleepyhead

*plays another long, mournful bass solo*

Another dead body. If this gig wasn't paying me so well as the band's real talent then I'd be out of here quicker than a greased pig in a disco.

I was very suspicious of those who turned Bobby over to the cops, but less so now as I thought they were only doing it to protect their fellow bad guy, Alarm. Turns out she was just another misunderstood lady.

So, for the moment, I got nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 
Ready for action

Can I request the vote counter be included in the last post of each day please? it's quite difficult to identify the non voters :S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 
Unpossible!

#My partner made a strange request... it occurred to me that we hadn't been working together much#

[vote:gilly]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:02 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Pheeee-ew! Things are getting mighty strange round here!

Shoe shine! Anyone for a shoe shine!

* whistles terribly *

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:06 
Ready for action

We didn't seem to be heading anywhere but we were heading there fast. the dead bodies were pilin' up and things weren't looking good. We had no leads, no suspects, and my whisky glass was empty.
There were a lot of people in this bar barely talking and too many keeping their cards close to their chest. If one of them was discovered as a Mafia type, we would have nothing to go on to try and suss out their friends.
"I think the best thing we can do right now, to force info out on the cowards in here who won't even name a suspect, is to choose two of those people and threaten them with the police. Maybe once we've got a couple up we'll notice a chnage in behaviour.
So which of these dames and johns haven't voted yet?"

Squirt
Goddess Jasmine
DavPaz
Mr Russell
TheVision
Mimi
KovacsC
Craig
Joans

I would happily send a runner to the police with the name of any of these people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:07 
Gogmagog

It seems I'm crushing the wrong beans here. Two outta two wrong, and this tastes bitter. I've got some suspicions, and someone I'd like to see fingered.

[vote: Gilly]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 
ugvm'er at heart...

Gilly wrote:
Can I request the vote counter be included in the last post of each day please? it's quite difficult to identify the non voters :S

You can access the vote counter for any day by adding the thread id to it, but i'll do that in future.

Day 1 vote : http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/?t=7855
Day 2 vote : http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/?t=7867

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 
Ready for action

DavPaz wrote:
#My partner made a strange request... it occurred to me that we hadn't been working together much#

[vote:gilly]

Hey man, what you playing at? I thought we were solid...i saved your life when you were an alcoholic mess and this is how you repay me?
What was my strange request, to see the vote counter? Don't we usually know who has voted for each name? It's pretty hard to, you know, try and reason thing out if you an't see voting patterns and the like. I was compiling a list of people who haven't voted so far (as you can see I have now posted it) and it would have been easier to have the traditional vote counter than having to go back through my memory of every day like I just did. That's a very odd vote from you, especially when you have been so reluctant to name anyone so far. Seems to me like you could tell my list was coming and didn't want to be on it, so decided to try and get a vote going on your partner since you know I won't rest 'til this case is cracked, all the pretty women are satisfied and I've got a whisky and a cigar. You not happy about people applying logic to this task? what you hiding you son of a gun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:29 
Ready for action

MaliA wrote:
It seems I'm crushing the wrong beans here. Two outta two wrong, and this tastes bitter. I've got some suspicions, and someone I'd like to see fingered.

[vote: Gilly]

I've explained gospvg, I'll do it one more time. Someone says they are a DOOR MAN. when another person reveals themself as the owner of this fine establishment, the first person changes their mind and says they aren't a doorman. In fact, they aren't even a man. They're a cleaning lady! this sturck me as someone inventing a job for themselves to cover up the fact their actually mafia. With the benefit of hindsight, we can see that actually, gospvg was just a cleaning lady but I have to say, if it happened again I would probably do the same thing because seeming to be lying like that is a classic mafia tell!

As for Bobby, well I'll hold my hands up. that movie producer was innocent and i feel bad for my part in handing him to cops but at least he'll be able to bribe them and he's probably back in Hollywood already.

At least I'm talking, trying to come up with theories, naming possible suspects. If i was a bad guy, and I got found out, then surely this would be a treasure trove on info with all the stuff I've been saying and people I've been naming (or not naming).

But I'm just a regular joe. A PI with a taste for nice whisky and fine women. If what we really need right now is info, then what the mafia need is to starve us of info we could use against them, or to link one for another. That's why I think we should look at the people not naming names.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 

I did not vote yesterday, as I did not think any were particular guilty.

I know I have been quiet, is any one else begin too quiet?

oh yes... *skiffle skiffle*

did I tell you about the time I looked across the club and caught a woman's eye........ I did throw it back :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 
Sleepyhead

I think Gilly seems on the level, unlike the talent of my bandmates.

I'd be happy to point the police in the direction of someone on that list... but who?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 

Curiosity wrote:

I'd be happy to point the police in the direction of someone on that list... but who?

I am an awesome skiffle player....

*warms up for the 25 Min, skiffle solo*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:37 
Ready for action

Curiosity wrote:

Listen buddy, i'm glad you say you think I'm on the level, you seem a real stand up guy. Can I offer you a smoke? I doubt you'd be surprised to hear that I'm reluctant to name a name. I'd like to hear what other people have to say first.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:41 
Unpossible!

#I'd struck a nerve and the man had a point. He'd pulled me out of number of shitty situations. So what if he was talking to voices in his head... who wasn't#

I'm sorry buddy... it's a booze, combined with that fuckin' racket messing with my head... in fact...

[vote:kovacsc]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 

It is ok Mr PI, not every one likes skiffle....

There is no accounting for taste...

I spend so long practising the skiffle that I don;t have time to be anything but a normal town member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:05 

Well, damn. I would have sworn on Mama's life that Bobby was a scum suckin' murderer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

<Yawn>

Morning fellas, this lady is starting to get pretty jumpy at whats been going on, i don't want to be the next stiff on the morgue slab.

I apologise for not voting more for handing people over to the boys in blue but whats a girl to do when she is as clueless as Emma Woodhouse. A few people seem to be acting very cagey and need to learn to relax and open up to the group, probably me included, i just haven't found the right man to open up for.

I am off to go powder my nose, and will happily go with any group decision if the arguments seem less shaky than a jelly tower.

<Walks seductively to the lady's room>

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:43 
Excellent Member

Cocktail of the day is the Sidecar.
Ill be washing my [vote:Gilly] down with one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 
Ready for action

LaceSensor wrote:
Cocktail of the day is the Sidecar.
Ill be washing my [vote:Gilly] down with one.

Do you have a reason for that? In the next half hour I'm going to go have a wee nap and I might not wake up for about 24 hours at least.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The man's done nothing but cast accusations left right and center, in a crowd as jumpy as this one a pointed finger may as well be a loaded gun.

[vote:LaceSensor]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:06 

I will have to agree with Craster..

[vote:LaceSensor] votes but with out reasons..

*back to skiffling*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:08 

Beex Noire : Day 3

VOTE UPDATE

kovacsc: 1 (DavPaz)
lacesensor: 2 (Craster, KovacsC)
gilly: 2 (MaliA, LaceSensor)

Not voted: 13 (squirt, goddess jasmine, mr russell, gilly, curiosity, thevision, mimi, kalmar, craig, slightly green, gazchap, joans, flis)

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:13 
Excellent Member

You might as well off another townie.
Just use the information wisely, and remember there's noone here to mix drinks when Im dead.

Reason for voting Gilly is because the lady doth protest too much. Think its a big double bluff.
Could be miles wide, Ive drank half my body weight in Gin recently.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:21 

LaceSensor is voting oddly, yes.

Me? I'm really quite surprised that Craster hasn't voted for me, which makes me somewhat suspicious of him too. Why wouldn't he vote for me when I was so utterly wrong, and with shitty logic to boot?

Perhaps he doesn't want to vote for me in case it triggers more votes for me, and when I'm revealed as the Town's premier Jazz Club owner, it'll cast suspicion on him.

Or, on the other hand, perhaps my logic is just shitty again. I'm going back into the office to count last night's takings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:27 
Excellent Member

Oddly? Ive only ever picked one person and stuck with it and the reason I have voted for those people was in their actions/words.

Some people have had one too many I think...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:29 
Sleepyhead

I think LS is just a fairly forthright Townie.

I'm more inclined to vote for those who jaw not yet voted.

[vote:Craig]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

GazChap wrote:
LaceSensor is voting oddly, yes.

Me? I'm really quite surprised that Craster hasn't voted for me, which makes me somewhat suspicious of him too. Why wouldn't he vote for me when I was so utterly wrong, and with shitty logic to boot?

If Alarm had been a lowdown dirty bad gal, you'd have been 'firmly asked to leave' by now. But she wasn't, so I'm perfectly happy to believe you're just misguided.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:33 
Ready for action

LaceSensor wrote:
You might as well off another townie.
Just use the information wisely, and remember there's noone here to mix drinks when Im dead.

Reason for voting Gilly is because the lady doth protest too much. Think its a big double bluff.
Could be miles wide, Ive drank half my body weight in Gin recently.

I don't think responding to mentions is protesting too much, I think it's fairly sensible. In my experience, the ones you want to watch are those who lay low when they start to attract attention and re emerge when the heat is off them or when it is getting too much and talking back can't make things any worse.
I need to go for a nap now, so I'm just going to tip my Trilby over my face for some peace. i'll hopefully waken up soonish but as I said, it might not be 24hrs +.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 13:41 
Excellent Member

*belch*
*Scratches at flakey patch of skin on overhanging belly*
*farts*

Hey, where'd that dame in the silk dress go? I thought she wanted this Caesar salad? *motions to plate of toast* I didn't have any salad and I didn't feel like making croutons, ok? Don't gimme a hard time, boss, I don't get paid to do table service and this shit ain't agreeing with my gout.

That murder scene was cleaner that anything in my kitchen, whoever is bumping off these ladies is a real sick fuck...Pardon my French...

As for the Mafia? I have very few theories there, perhaps they walked in on their mark with a hooker for the last couple of nights? I have to say, I don't fancy those chances.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 14:17 
Awesome
Yes

Not one of you has asked for my autograph. ow very self involved you all are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 15:03 
Unpossible!

flis wrote:
perhaps they walked in on their mark with a hooker for the last couple of nights?

#My memories flashed like a flip book... I did remember an odd shadow at the window whilst the hooker did her work...#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 15:10 
Ready for action

i was half asleep, with half of my brain still dreaming, but did i just hear that?
"what did you mean by that DavPaz?"
Did you see something, or didn't you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 15:16 
Unpossible!

I can't be sure... the hooker was very good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 18:02 
Best
Board Mother

DavPaz wrote:
flis wrote:
perhaps they walked in on their mark with a hooker for the last couple of nights?

#My memories flashed like a flip book... I did remember an odd shadow at the window whilst the hooker did her work...#

Either you know or you don't surely? :shrug:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 20:38 
Unpossible!

All I know is, I got my balls wet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 20:47 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Wooooooooooo, dead thread, woooooooooo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 21:07 
Best
Board Mother

DavPaz wrote:
All I know is, I got my balls wet.

Hmm, sounds like you're trying some misdirection here.

*ponders*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 21:11 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Wooooooooooo, dead thread, woooooooooo.

:D

Not too sure what Mr Paz is on about, Mali, were you aware of a shape at the window while you were being "entertained"?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 21:44 
Unpossible!

Jesus Christ, y'all know how this works. I was with the hooker. I saw nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 21:58 
Unpossible!

#God damn paranoid people... can't say I blame them#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 21:58 
Unpossible!

#God damn paranoid people... can't say I blame them#

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:38 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

Its dead in here, what happened to everyone?

It seems that lacesensor is the person acting the oddest, but in this oddbod town that could mean anything, but with nothing better to go on [vote:lacesensor]

<Adjusts bra and saunters off to sit at the bar>

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next